Thread: Chip Fyn
View Single Post

Old 08-31-2012, 07:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.11 MB
Chip Fyn

Fellow paper modelers,

I received the email below frorm Lou Dausse, formerly of PMI. Chip Fyn of Fiddlers' Green died a few days ago. While not unexpected, this is still a tremendous loss to the paper model community. Chip's enthusiasm, artistic talent and quirky humor have been mainstays of our hobby for a long time. If his business model never did quite work out, it was because he cared more about making the world a better place than about turning a profit. I sincerely hope that we can come up with some way to preserve and perpetuate the legacy that he has left us through his models.

I've asked Lou to let me know if and when he learns more details, and I'll certainly pass them along.

Score and Fold,

Peter Ansoff

Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 2:01 PM
To:
Subject: Sad news

Peter,
This is Lou Dausse, x-PMI. Have some really sad news. Just heard yesterday that a giant in the paper model field, Chip of Fiddlers Green died a few days ago at his winter refuge in Arizona. Don't have many details. Barbara and I, as friends of long standing, kept in touch with him. We knew he was not well. He had every summer traveled up here to Oregon to escape the heat. This year he wasn't sure he could make the trip. We were waiting to hear from him but instead got a call from his girlfriend, Annie, who is herself not healthy, living with her grown children in New Jersey, giving us the news that Chip had passed away.
I am turning to you because you have a good list of the people who matter in the industry. is it possible that you could attach this note, or parts of it, to that list and put out the word that Chip, a real pioneer in the paper model business, is gone. Any help in that direction would be appreciated.
With my regards,
Lou Dausse