View Single Post

Old 10-03-2012, 11:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Ohlsson View Post
Fascinating, also to see how similar were the approaches of different manufacturers of the era. This speaks to me very strongly of Curtiss Robin, but I don't know who copied what from who. The fin is different, I can see that. But otherwise I would have been at a loss if subjected to an unprepared blind test.

Good to see yet another fine model from you.

Leif
Thank you Leif. Hope all is well in the Northern Hemisphere. The tail, for designers of the 1920's period often constituted a 'signature' for the manufacturer. The Farman fin is similar to the one on the Goliath 1919 and the Jabiru's 1920's.

The most distinctive aesthetic aspects of the Farman 190 are it's stretched octagonal main plane, circular windows, and distinctive tail. You always appreciate as a designer the relationship between proportions and forms and how they work (or otherwise) with paper. One of the nice things about the Farman 190 is its lack of compound curves making it a naturally appropriate subject for modeling in paper.
Attached Thumbnails
Farman 190 1/48 Scale NEW-farman-190-alexander-sml.jpg