View Single Post

Old 10-20-2012, 04:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Photos of Test Results

Ok, tried different ways to try and get the same photo result for each type of sample after the prints were done.

Used a small piece of tape to hold the sheet being photographed at the same location. This almost worked...However each sheet came out different.

Before uploading to PM.com each photo had to be cropped to fit the photo size maximum. This caused the photos to look different.

The photos don't show how well the ink looks on each page. Colors are very vibrant and deep compared to the photos.

I tried to make a light photo box to diffuse the light and get rid of shadows to insure a uniform look. This worked better than just using a light over them, but some samples really reflected the light and caused "glare" spots at the bottom.

Here they are:

Index 110lb Cardstock (Used to show normal cardstock look)
Color Testing Metallic Paper-110-lb-cardstock.jpg

Brand is Simply Elegant Metallic Photograph Papers-

Metallic Chrome Gloss (Deep/Bright Colors-one of my favorites)
Color Testing Metallic Paper-metallic-chrome-gloss.jpg

Metallic Pearl (Almost the same as the Chrome Gloss except not as shiny)
Color Testing Metallic Paper-metallic-pearl.jpg

Metallic Moonglow (Greens and Blues look incredible)
Color Testing Metallic Paper-metallic-moon-glow.jpg

Metallic Pure Gold (Greens and Blues almost equal to Moonglow-other Colors look better than Moonglow result= Deeper/Shiny look to them)
Color Testing Metallic Paper-metallic-pure-gold.jpg

Metallic Pure Silver (Best choice for chrome look using very light grey color-notice bottom near glare spot and how it mellows the grain)
Color Testing Metallic Paper-metallic-pure-silver.jpg

For general projects the Chrome Gloss would be my choice (Pearl too), for gold mylar reproduction the Pure Gold with gold tinting, for shiny and bright rockets-Pure Silver is my choice.

Once again I bought the Simply Elegant brand of Metallic papers from Itsupplies. They have other types of metallic cardstock and photo paper, they don't all have sample packs like the Simply Elegant.

Very happy with the results of each print. Some will work better than others for specific projects. Looking for rust = a light brown on the Moonglow looks awesome....Etc...

Mike

Last edited by mbauer; 10-20-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: typos