View Single Post

Old 11-02-2012, 06:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
With the circuit board I am going to have it done with the veroboard which is normally solid over the world as a devlopment type board, I still have to do that part of the design in that of showning how the tracks, cuts and components are placed, but for now that will be drawn up when the model is in the building stage. The thing with Yees model is that he uses a gearedmotor to reduce the speed so that part will move and the problem is that the gearedmotor is not for sale in all parts of the world and I did find a shop online that has the unit but when it came to ordering one and getting costs the webpage used never replied. So I have designed the this model in a way that if the gearedmotor is not for sale in ones part of the world and you can find a replacement, you can do so and that is why I have set the circuit up so that one can adjust the supply voltage to the motor to suit it's requirements, the circuit will handle voltages from 1.5V to 12.3V DC.
The one other thing also is that with the micro switchs if one also can not get the ones that I have used in the design you can make a plan in that of epoxy gluing them in place as well.
At the moment I just want to start building the model but as the designer voice and experience in the work place has shown me designing it in 3D CAD and from there flat packing it afterwards is the correct way so as to not rebuild and fix major problems later.

R

R