View Single Post

Old 12-04-2012, 12:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
@ Gil -I grok, you grok, we grok. Your vocabulary lesson get me gribble grabblin'.
@ Pat - appreciated as always.
@ Radek - More actions below. ;-)
@ Mirco - Those photos - the last one is hilarious!
@ Steve - Thanks Steve and glad you joined the trip.

Not much done but thinking. Airdave pointed out that I had only a forward thruster and wondered how is the steering actually done. Though this is fantasy I couldn't neglect this rightful notion. In modern maritime rotational thrusters are quite common so I decided that this was the way with this ship too. Other pitch and balance issues I leave to the almighty vessels 'anti gravity device, gyroscope plus some positioning and navigating modules'. ;-)

I made a simple pillbox, glued the bottom part to the hull and the lid to the support structure. The fit is snug and now I get to adjust the engine in a position I want. More action features!

My modelling den is at the basement of our house and it's fine from spring to autumn. But when temperatures go below zero it's starting to be inconvenient. +11 doesn't harm in any other way but the glues start to perform oddly - PVA develops immediately a skin on it and CA doesn't cure so fast. I have to move my operation to the living quarters soon.

Best Regards,

Tappi