View Single Post

Old 12-08-2012, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Avro Avian Ladndad rescale/repaint

Although I'm still in the middle of a Ladndad Spitfire, I couldn't resist starting on the next project.

Their Avian actually was the first Ladndad kit I started, earlier this year, and I liked the kit but I moved houses while building it and it was a casualty of the move. Since I have to start over I decided to do some mods. I've scaled it up to 1/33 because I found 1/48 a bit small for this plane. My repaint is of C-GAVB of the great Canadian bush pilot Wop May during his 1929 mercy flight to deliver emergency diptheria medicine to northern Alberta. I had to do a new fin/rudder and I'll need to alter the landing gear but otherwise the configuration is the same. I've laid out the model to print on one 8.5x17" sheet that I'll cut from 11x17" stock, and one 8.5x11" sheet.

This kit went together fine the first time, but I'll probably add carry-through spars for the wing to keep them straight in this scale. I'd consider building a detailed Cirrus engine for it if there is another kit out there that has one.

August
Attached Thumbnails
Avro Avian Ladndad rescale/repaint-avian-g-cavb-1-33-p1web.jpg   Avro Avian Ladndad rescale/repaint-avian-g-cavb-1-33-p2-web.jpg