View Single Post

Old 08-08-2007, 07:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.92 MB
Redesign of Canon's A320 - legal?

Hi folks,

I have just come back from a lovely holiday in the Philippines, with a week of UMT (uninterupted modelling time ) before that, while the family were away. It's always fun to go to the Philippines, they seem to have a lot more interesting tools and gadgets there than here (as well as beaches, sunshine, etc.!). I picked up a nice pair of clips. They are like normal clips for holding stuff as you would use to hold things while the glue sets, but they have suction cups on the side! So you can stick them to the table and use them like a 3rd hand.

Anyway to my question. We flew Cebu Pacific, an A320 and as I have just finished the Canon model, I am inspired to try and recolour it. The Canon pdfs are protected, so you cannot modify them (I tried to get rid of the think black line on the Starflyer). I could use GIMP to convert them and recolour the jpgs, but is that legal? I have no intention of releasing or sharing the recoloured pages, should I manage it, I would build it for myself. So what is the "accepted" legal status on recolouring models?

I don't what to restart any painful debate on legality and sharing/stealing peoples work that we had on the other forum. If the this thread spirals out of control, I give full permission for the administrators to kill, delete, burn, and bury this thread in 4 different graves.