View Single Post

Old 02-02-2009, 04:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.91 MB
Out of the gates Mr Wasiak takes the lead.

Turns out all the formers are a bit small for the skins... when you tried to make the cylinder, something like 5mm of the skin overlapped!
I did sand the edges, but definitely not that much, and that was according to his instructions anyway.
I fought back though, and got it working.

I took narrow strips of paper and glued them around the rim of the formers. Unfortunately, one skin fit better than the other and the matching formers now have very slight differences in size, since I used anywhere from 1 to 3 strips.

Preparing for the front landing gear, I put in a small piece of cork as per the instructions. I made sure to pre-pierce it while I could still hold it, so that I don't rip it away later.

For the front instrument spike/thingy - what's the real name? - I just painted a toothpick (will add another coat later, it didn't cover that well). It just happened to be perfectly sized, so I didn't cut it at all. Make sure you put the small hole in the former though! I put one end into it, and so its straight and solid.
Also, the cone didn't have a former. I had to make one by tracing an already assembled section. It would be better to trace it before you glue obviously, and don't forget to make a hole in it either!
Attached Thumbnails
#10 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz F-5 E Tiger II-img_2392.jpg   #10 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz F-5 E Tiger II-img_2393.jpg