View Single Post

Old 08-09-2007, 02:54 AM

Location: Right under the final approach to Filton, where they make Airbus wings.
Total Downloaded: 0
Repaint

Yep, what Maurice said. I'm about halfway through cleaning up the file so I can do a similar job, but be warned, the resulting vector file is a complete mess! Duplicate elements, shapes made from unconnected lines with fill patches to cover the gaps, dozens of 'empty' elements (no line weight, no fill, no reason to exist!) curves made of thousands of nodes when three would do perfectly well and so forth. I don't know if this is a product of the conversion to or from pdf, or was how the original design was constructed, but it is desperately inefficient and makes the clean-up process far more time consuming than doing the actual colour rework.

Good luck, but it will be worth it. The final model is very impressive! And being an Airbus, fairly easy to convert to most of the others in the A318/9/20/21 family; just watch where the doors and windows go. The Airbus web site has some very nice comparison drawings to show how the models differ.

Tim

PS Thanks Maurice again for the pointer to win2pdf, it works very well!