Thread: Paper putty
View Single Post

Old 01-06-2013, 01:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.41 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockpaperscissor View Post
Verrrrry interesting. Straight white glue shrinks down quite a bit. Would you be able to make an estimation of the percentage of shrink one can expect with your paper putty forumula (I realize that it will depend on the ratio of paper dust to glue, but a ballpark estimate would be helpful). Can we see a photo of your 3 sided box after the applied paper putty has hardened?
Here is a photo of it dried (yes, I did apply it quit liberally. I was trying to make the corner a little contoured). There really was very little shrinkage. Most of it was do to the paper fibers mixed with the glue.
Paper putty-imag0093.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
Dear List folks:
with water color or water based paints you can tint the paste also. Nice Idea about the sanding drum on the dremal drill sure would beat doing it by hand with a fingernail file. works with Elinees tacky glue too. Just mix till it feels right easy to add more glue or paper dust.
Dear Rhaven:
Nice Pictures!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
MILES
This will work with most any white glue.
I am glad that you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCS View Post
"hobbylite" works too! its that white powdery paste that they use to fill gaps etc in balsa model planes,.. very sandable too,.. great idea raven i will try your technique soon!
I am glad you like the technique.
I know that there are other products out there like the one that you mentioned, but this technique is for those who may not have access to those kind of products, or who have extra scrap card and want to use it up.
I am looking forward to seeing your work.