View Single Post

Old 02-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
#2 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly modelarz Ki-44 Shoki 5-86

Well, in a bid to garner the 'most insane method of entry' I traded a perfectly good Lukasz Fuczek designed model (in this case the Modelik ME209) for a nice vintage Bodian Wasiak WW2 airplane. (Surely this was a brilliant trade for Don - maybe one would say I 'boosed' myself? :D).
The kit just came in the mail - and I must say the first problem I foresee is one not anticipated - there's parts where the outlines seem to be missing. I'll have to get the camera out and show you in the next couple of days - but should be interesting to get past. I did manage to find a scanned copy online (since I own the kit, I have no qualms about using up their bandwidth to obtain a backup copy) - so if necessary I can use that to help fill in the parts in question.
As far as the kit goes, it's a large folded sheet of card that approximates four 8.5 x 11 sheets, plus 5 instruction pages including diagrams. The kit is relatively simple, no cockpit interior, simple formers with no joining strips. There are a couple wire templates for landing gear and to make the prop spin. The kit of course has various color misregistration issues and is of course high quality 1986 card stock looking well weathered. I anticipate excessive blade usage and still to have 'ripping' instead of cutting at times.
As far as the plane depicted, there is no numeric or character designations, it is a dark 'olive' top, grey bottom and has a lime green stripe on both the rear of the fuselage and vertically on the stabilizer.
I'm including a picture of a scan of the cover I found online.
I don't know when I'll get a chance to actually start working on this one - but I have managed to clear my desk off so I can get to a cutting surface and tools - so that's a start!
Attached Thumbnails
#2 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly modelarz Ki-44 Shoki 5-86-mm8605c.jpg  

Last edited by dansls1; 07-02-2009 at 07:59 AM.