View Single Post

Old 02-07-2009, 07:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Well, first of all, I called it "quick and dirty" because I am certain that the real sailing ship riggers could do much better and would shiver in loathing at the thought of using white glue to hold things in place... not that I would even if I did build one of their highly detailed masterpieces.

Second, I make it look easy because it is! Just slap a knot of any kind over the topmost fastening and glue it down. Loop everything else on the way down and put a small amount of tension on it and let the WG do its work.

OK, I'm leaving out the cussing that goes with working with 8-0 thread while wearing bifocals and discovering that everything would be perfect except that you managed to capture a 47mm gun on the way down. Well, I didn't actually have that problem because I was sober enough to pay attention. But still.

As for more old French pdbbs, they will happen. I'm wrapped up in Inflexible right now for design and I desire a central citadel battleship so I suppose that it will happen. Although I think that Colossus/Edinburgh are more attractive and Agamemnon so ugly that even a mother would slap her. But I have the plans for Inflexible so I suppose that's where I shall build.

I have a very strong desire to build Carnot and Renaud is helping with his usual extraordinary exploratory work to expand references. There exist NO overall plans of this poor ship so I would be inventing even more than I did for Charles-Martel.

Carl