View Single Post

Old 02-07-2009, 10:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
#12 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz SU-100 10/1983

As I pulled into my driveway earlier this afternoon, I spotted the package that I have been anxiously waiting for laying there between my front doors. I could hardly wait to tear it open to examine the contents, that's when reality slapped me right square across the face. After one quick look, I thought; Boy, what have I gotten myself into!

Now, to me 1983 is not all that long ago...(Highschool Junior, having fun with my friends, first car, girl friend, money in my pocket, etc, etc..) but now to look at the pages of this model you would think this was printed sometime around the turn of the century. God, I hope I don't look that bad!

I'm sure this is probably not news to many of you who have more experience with MM kits... but, to be honest, this is the first time I've ever even looked at a one. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but I really didn't think it would (or could) be that bad.

The cover, instruction pages, and a few of the parts (including the tracks) are printed on what appears to be a heavy newsprint paper that has yellowed with age and includes many large brown spots and even a few small holes. The other part sheets are of about the same quality only they are printed on a heavier card stock. The overall print quality is horrible to say the least...I sure won't be taking the time to paint these edges as I usually do, this time I'll be using a magic marker for sure. The other thing about this model that is going to make it a challenge is that there are almost no diagrams, only one page, and that's it. If anyone out there has more info on this kit I would be very thankful.

I will however move forward and give it my best shot. I only hope the parts fit together better then they look.
Attached Thumbnails
#12 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz SU-100 10/1983-sherman-049.jpg   #12 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz SU-100 10/1983-sherman-050.jpg  

Last edited by dansls1; 07-02-2009 at 08:11 AM.