View Single Post

Old 02-08-2009, 03:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Well, enough talk, it is time to build this puppy. The kit was printed in 1981 and as noted on another thread for the OTDAEABT 2, the paper is like a thick newspaper, will split if folded, turned a nice parchment color except for the printed areas, color is good, but in some places spotted as if the color did not print. The kit is not like the others I am use too in that it is not a book to say, but like a really big folded card (ie: Get Well Card) folded into fours. However the printing and overall color is good, parts are off register very little and from looking her over, should build into what she is supposed to be. As allowed I have scanned the parts and did so w/o taking the original apart, so I will still have f/my collection unbuilt:D. When you get ahold of one of these, you appreciate what you get in today's kits. I will post some photos for you to see what I have, and I have to admit I fill bad for the guys that have the really bad ones to work with, but hey where's the challenge. I will start laminating after post this thread. Oh yea, she is a full hull not a water line. The Monitor is armed w/two twin gun turrets, two heavy cal. main guns in the upper works, two AA mounts, and several heavy MG's to include two in small turrets as well. This baby was armed to the teeth and on many occasions as shown by the help of those who found the info for me, (thanks again Charlie, boosed) one bad weapon that fought many battles, won and would go on to be a monument to her trade. As Jackie Gleason would say, "Away We Go". The photos show the scanned sheets. The two that are the same is the original on the left, the copy on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
OTDAEABT 2-Maly Modelarz Monitor Zeleznia 1981-007.jpg   OTDAEABT 2-Maly Modelarz Monitor Zeleznia 1981-009.jpg   OTDAEABT 2-Maly Modelarz Monitor Zeleznia 1981-010.jpg