View Single Post

Old 02-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Manic View Post
Thanks guys.

I have tried layering the tracks, flexibiity problems compounded by the size of the componets when cut out made for an unacceptable appearance. Too high a bend radius for the individual track elements prevents them from meshing with the drive sprocket and the bend around the sprocket is blocky (rectilinear) rather curved.

I tried using an embossing ink pen to give some depth, this was a total failure as the ink does not stand up very proud from the paper. I may revisit this using beads of PVA glue or some as yet to be discovered product instead of ink

Right now I'm trying to find some tyvek paper to act as a strong & flexible centre ribbon. I would glue track parts on each side with a small space between each element to increase the bend radius. So far all I have been able to find is large rolls of the stuff. It is inkjet printable though.

At any rate I have other bits to build while I consider my options . . .

~ bend, fold, mutilate and staple ( hey maybe I could use staples )
Look back through the vehicle threads for my method using Pz 1F tracks - it will work for your PZInz 140 tracks. This technique works even for small tracks like the Modelik T-27.

Only 8 roadwheels - that's easy. Sorry couldn't resist - still slogging my way through 48 roadwheels for the Tiger.

Regards,

Charlie