View Single Post

Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
It looks like the frame went together pretty well - looks like it's quite well designed and the skins will go on without the major sagging which is a feature of many MM models. I can see you'll have to do some sanding to get the skins to fit neatly.

Regards,

Charlie
Charlie,
Yes, the frame did go together very well but I had to add pieces of 1.0 mm card stock to reinforce the bottom of the hull otherwise the bottom skins would not be glued to anything. Without this extra support it would sag for sure! To prep the frame for sanding I used latex wood filler to fill the gaps in the joints. When dry, this sands very easily, generally I use an emery board that I borrow from my wife.

Chris,

About the tracks...
Actually they could be very complex (I probably won't be building them that way). The tracks start out a two simple bands, (inside & outside) to which many, many pieces are glued to form the tread. The inside is simple enough, only have to attach a guide plate to every other link.
Attached Thumbnails
#12 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz SU-100 10/1983-track1.jpg   #12 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz SU-100 10/1983-track2.jpg   #12 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz SU-100 10/1983-track3.jpg