View Single Post

Old 02-12-2009, 09:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I think I am going to start over, just build the US, Euro, and Japanese sections until Sir Alfonso comes out with the Russian section. This time I won't try to connect it all at once. I'll probably wait until all the various modules and truss assemblies are complete, then take it all to the Kansas Cosmosphere and assemble it there. One reason I decided to start over is that the PMAs in the MARS Center kits just don't have the correct profile. I don't know how to disassemble around the PMAs without causing a great amount of damage to Unity, Zarya, and Harmony.
I'd also like to update some of the docking hatches on Zarya (printed flat) with some of the similar hatches from Zvezda (proper conical shape) which was developed later. I'll wait on the AXM version of these to compare.
I do like a lot of the detail Dr Fortezza has on his other kits, though. I especially like the recessed hatches on Unity and the detail parts for Destiny and Quest. I'll probably do a little kitbashing between the MARS Center and AXM modules, where applicable. The MARS Center kits are nicely done, especially when you consider that they're free. The Russian modules are not exactly the easiest builds, though. I tried them as a raw beginner and had a heck of a time getting everything to line up. I hope it will be a little easier the second time around. I also hope that Sir Alfonso produces these with the same quality as the S0 truss.

Currently working on: ISS