View Single Post

Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Nearly there – head to be made and go on and that’s it! Two parts only for the head – the head and the beak!

Picture 1 – the head before assembly. It requires quite a bit of flexing beforehand so it can be shaped without creasing. I flexed the head up and then working it by pulling each “tab” to its location, re-flexing if it did not quite go etc. Patience!

Picture 2 – The head glued together and ready to attach to the beak. The beak is made up and filled with glue to give some strength to the point.
I then attached the head to the body and lastly attached the beak to the head. I did the latter last as I had the feeling that with the head on the body the beak would be easier to align. It was!

Picture 3 – the finished bird.

Picture 4 – a close-up, warts and all.

I wanted to paint the eye gloss and test on some scrap – gloss varnish, Johnsons Pledge, and an acrylic varnish. None worked vrey well. So I will have to think of something else. Maybe some enamel varnish.

Anyway, a nice build, which I enjoyed doing – once I had figured out how to read the instructions! Next Bird Mobile should be easy!
Attached Thumbnails
Lesser Spotted Woodpecker-2013-03-04-04-23-58-pm.jpg   Lesser Spotted Woodpecker-img_6821.jpg   Lesser Spotted Woodpecker-img_6827.jpg   Lesser Spotted Woodpecker-img_6829.jpg