View Single Post

Old 02-15-2009, 07:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Ok, for all purposes of this competition, this one is done. I added the final details (such as they are). I didn't color the flying lady as I want to paint her later;
#11 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz Lenin's Car 8-77-img_1293.jpg
Also, the tracks are not glued together or in place as I think I may modify them a bit and I'll need to have it separate.
#11 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz Lenin's Car 8-77-img_1303.jpg
The pity of it all is not that the kit was so horrendous, but that after all that extra effort to get it together, it barely looks anything like the prototype. The body shape is all wrong, the Kegresse rig is too big and I think the designer just made up whatever details he felt like. The final result is a cartoon version at best.
#11 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz Lenin's Car 8-77-img_1304.jpg
I've been thinking about what it would (not will) take to help this model look like something and I think it would have to be one of those heavily puttied and fully painted modifications. I would have loved to put in clear windows, but that's not so easy with the internal formers.
#11 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz Lenin's Car 8-77-img_1305.jpg
All the while I was building this one I couldn't help but think of the little kids in Poland having to struggle with this monstrosity. Poor kids.
#11 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz Lenin's Car 8-77-img_1307.jpg
Anyway, I'm going to hide this thing away for a while in a closet somewhere and decide whether I want to attempt a make-over or just toss it. It certainly can't be let out in public like this!
#11 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly Modelarz Lenin's Car 8-77-img_1308.jpg
At least I finished it. Now for a glass of red, some time away from paper models and then on to another one!
Chris