View Single Post

Old 02-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Ok - here's the picture showing I've started cutting and gluing. I also try to demonstrate 2 techniques for this type of model that I've picked up from people on the forum. The first is using the hole punch to put 2 circles into the formers instead of cutting out the big circle. This allows one to use tweezers or needle-nose pliers to handle the former. The biggest benefit is the ability to turn the former much easier to get it aligned correctly. The second doesn't show up as well, but the plan is to glue the former slightly inside the edge of the paper. This should allow a butt-edge joint between the 2 fuselage sections, but allow the glue to fill the former to former interface, still giving a nice strong joint.
The second picture I'm including is of my 'collection' shelf. This shows the extent of my modelling ADD, with the other 3 builds I have going on all up there (this shelf is one of probably 3 places in the house that I haven't seen a cat on or messing with - so it's safe ).
Attached Thumbnails
#2 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly modelarz Ki-44 Shoki 5-86-mm-shoki-03.jpg   #2 - OTDAEABT 2 - Maly modelarz Ki-44 Shoki 5-86-add-1.jpg