Thread: TruGree(d)n
View Single Post

Old 04-08-2013, 01:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.62 GB
TruGree(d)n

I just had to mention this one.

Several weeks ago, I was contacted by TruGreen for an interview. I never applied to them, they called me after finding my resume somewhere. Now, I have 20 years experience in landscaping, associated with my past maintenance jobs. Despite that, I didn't get the position. I knew why, my age, present physical condition (despite the assurance that they are "an equal opportunity employer"), and my seeming lack of agressive sales ability. I was supposed to be a lawn care tech, but was also expected to generate many new sales as well.

I was leery of joining the company anyway. A quick google gave me countless negative results from unhappy customer and employees. I only accepted the interview after reading all the negative reports because I need a job so bad, and enjoy working outside. Today, I got an example of why. I received a letter from Trugreen. I thought, "OK, here's my rejection letter, finally. Nope. It was a solicitation to become a customer! Really? I'm not good enough to be hired by Trugreed, but they now expect me to hire them? I find that very unethical, that they added me to their potential customer list, because they got my information from an interview I never sought out in the first place.

I'm seriously considering sending the letter to the gentleman who interviewed me, and basically telling him to stick it. At the very least I want them to remove me from their database.

Forgive this latest rant. This nonsense just makes me mad.

Scott K.