View Single Post

Old 05-11-2013, 11:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Bell XP-59 Airacomet, NATC YF2L version

Here is the YF2L which was sent to NAS Patuxent River during 1944 for the US Navy to evaluate how well the XP-59 would do for carrier operations. The Airacomet was determined to be unsuitable for carrier operations.

I wanted to build up something quick, but not to elaborate. So I picked the NATC version of the XP-59 that I repainted a while back (one of the first repaints I did, available here: 1/32 Bell XP-59 Airacomet YF2L 3 versions Paper Model).

I had finished building it up tonight. I skipped many of the internal formers and did not put in the cockpit as I didn't want to make a canopy for this one. Reason is, of course, it's already been claimed by my youngest boy who will really put it through some good playtime. So since I had the urge to build something, but knew it will end up being crushed. I did asked him if I could get at least some pictures of the model before it went off to playtime war. I didn't get any in progress shots, so all we have are the final pictures.

And here she is:

Bell XP-59 Airacomet, NATC YF2L version-3t_xp59_natc_1.jpg Bell XP-59 Airacomet, NATC YF2L version-3t_xp59_natc_2.jpg Bell XP-59 Airacomet, NATC YF2L version-3t_xp59_natc_7.jpg Bell XP-59 Airacomet, NATC YF2L version-3t_xp59_natc_8.jpg Bell XP-59 Airacomet, NATC YF2L version-3t_xp59_natc_9.jpg

I will probably be building up some other XP-59's that I've repainted that need photos for the Ecard store...and the boy is obviously gonna want more planes.