View Single Post

Old 05-15-2013, 10:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
I also agree with your initial formulation., Diderick.

However, there are after-market items that can also help the industry, just like plastic modelers do... barrels, laser-cuts, wheels, canopies... even photo etched parts. But again, and to kill my own statement, those are made by anybody else, and not the designer himself.

It is a complex matter, but it has to evolve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bowden View Post
I must admit that though I have a large selection of printed models I'm still adverse to cutting up these "books".
I have no qualms cutting up my digital models as I can reprint a messed up part, and always have a copy (unless it's not backed up) to look over at any time I like.
I do trend to treat my printed copies as more "eye candy art" as opposed to something that is destroyed buy my amatuerish attempts at building a model.

john
I totally hear you, John (I thought I was the only odd guy who wanted to buy 2 copies of a model to save one for posterity! )... or like Isaac (you almost have a whole store there, my friend!)

Let's keep on cutting paper, and make little works of art supporting our friends who publish and sell models.