View Single Post

Old 05-27-2013, 11:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Modelik Ursus C45 tractor

Been tinkering with this for awhile. Thought it was time to post something I'm actually working on. No promise when it will be (if it ever is) finished. This is the Ursus C45/451 Polish tractor that is a copy of the German Lanz Bulldog. It uses a hot bulb engine that is sort of a semi-diesel that is still used in some marine applications.

This is my first shot at a pre-printed model. Of course the first thing I did was scan the pieces and print them out since I'm planning on a lot of detailing and painting the model. Probably should have knocked out the color in GIMP if nothing else to save ink. Also discovered that my scanner has a distortion in it which seems to be fairly common. One direction is 100%, but the other is about 101%, so that has to be adjusted. Here are some of the pieces laminated and being cut out. The basic assembly of the differential-chassis.

Not reading Polish I found a program that creates a Polish language keyboard that I think somebody here mentioned: Type Polish characters - online Polish keyboard. It has other languages also. I type the instructions then run them through a translator. Some of the differential area is hard to figure out and had to build 2 of them to get the one I'm somewhat happy with. Even then that was only because I'm using it as just the base assembly and will be painting it.

Back to getting some photos together and some more cutting and gluing.
Attached Thumbnails
Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-001-20modelik-20ursus-20c45-20cover-l.jpg   Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-005x-l.jpg   Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-007x-l.jpg   Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-013x-l.jpg   Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-094x-l.jpg