View Single Post

Old 05-27-2013, 02:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Thanks everyone, here's some work on the exhaust stack. The pieces for it, then the rough work and starting to approach finish. The top section bolts to the bottom, so reworked the conical sections a bit to look more like a 2 piece. Then added bolts and nuts.

The nuts were from a sheet of different sizes that were done by one of the members. Sorry don't remember who it was. They were drilled with a #78 drill and a thin piece of copper wire (taken from some electronic piece I dismembered for goodies) was CA glued in for the bolt. I've also been using different size hex rods from Plastruct for cap screw heads and nuts. Depends on the size and what I need at the time...and which one is closest at hand.

The top of the stack had a larger piece of wire glued around it to simulate the flaired top of the pipe. Holiday almost over so model work will go back to normal glacial (non-global warming) speed.
Attached Thumbnails
Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-093x-l.jpg   Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-exhaust-20stack-20x-l.jpg   Modelik Ursus C45 tractor-exhaust-20stack-202-l.jpg