View Single Post

Old 05-29-2013, 11:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB17 View Post
You are doing the right thing, and hopefully some day we might see the "P" taken out of IPMS to reflect all scale model mediums. Also it just sounds better without the "PMS", IMS or ISMS would work. Although I am new to this group, I have been around for a good while and am a founding member of our IPMS affiliated club since 1985. VSM (Victoria Scale Modellers). Originally it was IPMS Victoria and after some time the Car guys split off and formed their own group called SPAM (Scale Plastic Automotive Modellers). We then changed to VMMS (Victoria Military Modellers Society). Then we got some car guys back, so we dropped the military and became VSM (Victoria Scale Modellers). Sorry for the long spiel, the point is, as I was president for some years and news letter editor, I managed to convince the club we would accept all types of scale modelling in all mediums. Not just at our club, but also at our contests. We live in a very diverse world now and I am pleased that 0% plastic is acceptable with us. years ago I came to a meeting with a Wilhelmshavener 1/50 Piaseki H-21 helicopter, the guys were a bit freaked out when I asked them to handle it and they found out it was paper. I have slacked off in my paper modeling of late and am fixin' to show up with a 1/33 A. Halinsky D3A1 Val. I'll be sure to post it when I'm done, I'm spoiling myself with laser cut frames as well. So cudos go to you and your efforts to get the paper to the masses. Sort of like Paul Revere.......the paper is coming the paper is coming!

p.s. we Canadians and British use 2 l's in modeller, I'm not a bad speller

Good luck and all the best.
Regards,
Jeff

What do you think Linda?
Hi Jeff,

Yesterday I also was imagining the "P" for plastic going away in the future. IMS makes a lot of sense, given that IPMS welcomes models in plastic, metal, resin and increasingly paper. Those who show up with a wooden ship model are also welcomed. Like car modelers, paper modelers face a challenge of promoting their hobby over here. The paper/card hobby is much stronger in Europe including the countries of the former Soviet Union. I think Gerardo's waving of the flag is a good sign and something to look forward to.

Paul