View Single Post

Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Thanks Ron, and yes that is the one.

Look under Ship Accessories and you will find them in amongst all the barrel sets Rick.

While I watched a movie on the 'puter, I cut out all the required pieces for the funnel inner parts, slotted them out and glued them together to arrived at this result. Then came another one of those "Gotcha" moments that I am discovering in this particular kit. It is not exactly insurmountable, they do furnish the part and after looking over the pages and not being able to spot the part under that number, it was fairly obvious which part it would have to be. At any rate here is my beginning funnel assembly, as you can tell it is going to be sort of a project to get everything aligned and attatched properly, but then once accomplished it should be pretty interesting.

When I checked the pictograph instructions, they call for a part designated as #45f to be stuck atop the whole thing. I chased around the parts pages looking and much to my surprise, ain't no such critter. There is a #45a and b, these make up a box structure that is to be mounted to the rear of the bridge structure. But that is about it for the #45 on the parts sheets. Looking about I did find a part number 46m which is an oblong shape that is the same size and shape of part F16 that it is supposed to be mated to and is a lovely shade of flat black to represent the interior of the funnel.

So this is just another one of those little things that you get to figure out on this particular kit, not a big deal, just a little confusion with the number call outs. I have seen the same thing with styrene kits before so it isn't like it is a big problem, just a bit of editorial type stuff that got overlooked before it went to the publishers.