View Single Post

Old 07-23-2013, 09:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by parviz View Post
Hello. One of the weaknesses laser cutting is that the edges of the paper burns But now is the best method.
Hi Parviz,
That was one of my first problems to overcome. The kerf (laser speak for the cut) is entirely dependent on the optics and where one focuses the laser. I switched my lens out to a 38mm from a 60mm. What this does is decrease my cut size a bit but lessens the thickness of the stuff I can cut. The way a Co2 laser works is with both infrared and compressed gas (air). The air is constantly blowing directly on the cut to blast away ablated material so that nothing else burns and lessens scorching. Every part is actually increased in size by a minuscule offset of .01mm-.03mm depending on the kit (holes cut out are decreased by the same value). This most definitely makes up for anything the laser takes away. Good manual focusing and not depending on auto focus methods helps a ton! It took me a good while to learn how to properly align and focus a flying optics laser. If you look at a peice of material that has been properly cut at the right power levels and speed, there is very little scorching or burning, just a fine cut line.

Quote:
Ron, Please say Hi to her too :-) How much of that laser cutting machine? I thinking to purchase Craftrobo, a card cutting machine but still not purchase yet. I think cutting machine will make a looking good model easily like instant noodle
Nobi, a gentleman never tells Seriously...it was the price of a good quality used car (not a 79 Lada either ). I am hoping to do other things with it as well as it will engrave up to 1000 dpi on just about anything and cut most things other than metal. I bet the cutters you are talking about are pretty good. I wonder how long the blades last and whether the machine can handle the 1mm stuff for any length of time. My understanding is that some of the better ones can apply a lot of constant pressure and can be controlled completely by software like a small CNC machine. I was serious with my offer. please pm your address and info and I will mail it to you.

Guys, I will start sending former sets out in the next day or so. Expect them in the mail! I'll respond to your pm's today at some point.
Thanks to everyone who has jumped on so far! I really appreciate it

Ron