View Single Post

Old 09-02-2013, 08:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.57 MB
Thanks for the nice words.

And now beaming with joy I wanted to make the test fitting at the MLP with two supports and two pipes. But it delivered to my horror a nasty surprise, hard to believe, but true.

As I had threaded both pipes through the supports, turned out that the corner pipe support was somehow too far forward. This had to result, that the pipes don't run parallel to the Side 1, but diagonally to the wall. Holy crap I thought, since I must have measured wrong probably. What now?

The support stuck down but so that I could not replace him, probably he would have not survived anyway that. Remained only the possibility of cutting him from the front in the curves with the round stick with extreme caution and very much feeling gently to about 2 mm. And maybe that was a hot number, I can tell you, almost like an open heart surgery.

With the fingertips of the left hand I gently propped up the support, and carefully honed with the right hand, or rather, stroked with the round stick. And I have tried several times, whether it produced already ranges from the length, but quite a few passes were necessary, because I could not put so much pressure.

I had real concerns that the support would give up the spirit but at some point. But he has survived this ordeal happily and looked after the surgery:

And so I could finally make the fitting of the pipes in the supports, and that worked then finally also quite well and I was happy - end good, all good.

Then the supports were painted, and so the image rounds out now more and more.

And now also the installation of the pipes around the corner can be done.

Launch Pad 39A with Challenger STS-6 (1:144)

Last edited by spacerunner; 10-13-2016 at 10:27 AM.