View Single Post

Old 09-28-2013, 01:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Thank you for the welcome and the compliments. I will try to keep it ordered and updated as I make progress. Here are some more shots.

I have three types of Aleene's: Quick grab (super thick but poor adhesion) clear gel (good working time, medium tack) and fast dry (very runny and soaks in to paper) Overall, every point that I use it on will buckle under the strain of pulling the laminating tight. The frame bites into the edge and pushes it upwards while the skin sags in between.

If I use the Testor's glue, it will dry extremely quick, but it needs to make contact once and once only... no re-positioning or it will just "vanish". It makes it difficult to use this for the layer-by-layer setup of the main body, as I can't squeeze it tightly to hold the tabs together for a good seam. The rear exhaust tops went together flawlessly (as can be seen in the first photos) because I got to pinch and form them in my hands, which I couldn't do the further up I went.

Sometimes I wonder about building two of every kit, just so the second one comes out right. My first modelart F-15 looks like garbage compared to the second one, and I still think I could do better on that now. It is a daunting thought to build two halinski kits, though.

Maybe a Hind-D gunship for my next project...
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski Mig-29a, Laser cut frames build-dsc06235.jpg   Halinski Mig-29a, Laser cut frames build-dsc06237.jpg   Halinski Mig-29a, Laser cut frames build-dsc06246.jpg   Halinski Mig-29a, Laser cut frames build-dsc06254.jpg   Halinski Mig-29a, Laser cut frames build-dsc06286.jpg