PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > Other Things We Do & Make > 3D Puzzles

Old 07-15-2015, 01:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Wrebbit ?

Well ;
This is a puzzler ( Pun Intended . )Here's a company with unusual paper and foam puzzle models .Now did you you know they did at least one Card ( heavy ) model of a Classic Mercedes car ? I have one I rescued from a Flea Market .Trouble is Customer service at Wrebbit says they never heard of it .
This thing is heavy card paper almost .080 thick , Gloss printed paper on Both sides . .It has working steering , Opening doors , Working Rumble Seat and all that .It has an opening hood too .It's so beautiful as paper cars are concerned I would like to finish it .
You even have to thread and build your own paper wire wheels ! . The problem .Well using the jig supplied I built the hood ( Bonnet to some of you ) And the jig supplied did not let the hood conform to either the cowl or the Radiator .
This is two layers of this card - stock , again with fine finish gloss stock ( colored ) on both sides ! . I am afraid if I try to separate them to effect a repair I will ruin them . Can anyone help me with this problem .I would like to finish this great car ! Papersurprise50
Google Adsense
Old 07-15-2015, 01:57 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
All your questions will be answered in this excellent thread: Wrebbit Mercedes-Benz 1935 500K Roadster 1:10
Old 07-15-2015, 02:31 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Gary

do a search here on the forum for the Wrebbit Mercedes, and you will find a handful of different build threads

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 07-15-2015, 03:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 969.48 MB
I have that model, but have not yet built it. If all else fails, send your email to [email protected] and I will scan the parts you need into a pdf file and send it to you. You may have to play with the color to make it match properly, but you can probably rebuild the parts to the right thickness using photo gloss paper.

Regards,
John