View Single Post

Old 01-09-2014, 12:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to treadhead1952
Hi All,

I had some fun doing a little retrofitting on my ship. The edges got a second copy of the deck printed out on 110 pound card stock, clipped out and then added over the original decks. These were all edge colored before being added and then I placed the rear set of bollards and aft deck plating. I also clipped out the turret mounting plates and the torpedo mount plate, edge colored these and then glued them down.

I also started working on the complicated stack structure that goes amid ships. What you see is just the basic structure, there is a whole lot of detailing that goes on there in addition to what I have done so far. The framework that is underneath all of it is just like the ships hull structure and seen in an earlier posting. It isn't even glued down yet, just placed there for the photo. With all the stuff that needs to go on there it is easier to leave it unattached at this point. I did paint over the very forward part of the stack as it is one of those fan cut jointed areas like the pointed nose of an aircraft or missile. They never come out looking very realistic unless some help is given, in this case a couple of coats of Alene's Tacky Glue painted on and allowed to dry then a coat of MM Acryl Kure Gray. That helps to take out all of those edges and smoothing things out.