View Single Post

Old 04-12-2009, 06:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The fuselage structure is unusual on this kit. The sides are full length single pieces, which wouldn't be strange if the cross section were square, but it's curved - elliptical.
"So what?" says the ship modeler, to whom long, unbroken, yet curved side are the norm.
Well, there isn't a keel, just bulkhead formers.
With vaguely indicated locations.

In fact it goes together much as I imagine repeeling (disunpeeling?) a banana would go. It get's a tiny bit banana shaped as well as the build progresses too:o

The formers are supposed to have joining strips wrapped around them - a method I've always found a little iffy -and dry fitting suggested that it wouldn't be absolutely necessary. Well, maybe. In a couple of spots.

The bottom is given as three pieces. Two separate panels at the front, and one with notches that is supposed to cover the last 3/4's. The first two panels help locate the formers.

Pretty good to start, but as the third piece went on, cutting, fit and operator error crept in and things went pear-shaped - banana rather.
I decided to cut the bottom into individual pieces and start over from the tail.
The turtledeck panel luckily enough was a simple straight conic section and that helped to locate and shape everything. I did have to add a small scrap former to keep the sides straight and add some strips to the headrest former.

The last bottom skin went in witha bit of trimming. It's a little bit wonky, but it's also on the bottom, so I can live with it.
Attached Thumbnails
#7 / #13 - OTDAEABT 2 Mały Modelarz  RWD-10 7/88-img_3316a.jpg   #7 / #13 - OTDAEABT 2 Mały Modelarz  RWD-10 7/88-img_3318a.jpg   #7 / #13 - OTDAEABT 2 Mały Modelarz  RWD-10 7/88-img_3319a.jpg   #7 / #13 - OTDAEABT 2 Mały Modelarz  RWD-10 7/88-img_3321a.jpg   #7 / #13 - OTDAEABT 2 Mały Modelarz  RWD-10 7/88-img_3323a.jpg