View Single Post

Old 04-24-2009, 12:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
HMS Cossack Finish

I finish this nice model this afternoon. I was surprised for a model of a large boat with some small parts, it builds nice and was not hard. I get sloppy making the four gun towers because they are identical and that is not interesting for me. I also had difficulty making the cannon parts from pins. It is presented that you make pins to attach the towers to the ship so they rotate, but I glue them all in place. I make search-lights from pin wire with blob of glue for the lamp. The kit, it says to just use the head of a pin but I did not like that look. I make the flags from very thin paper cut from a store receipt. The masts are from Bamboo Shrimp Skewer again. I colored them grey with paint, which was hard to do in the tight areas around the chimneys. The model has no base so this is wood with construction paper glue on it and painted with clear gell glue. More glue will give a better texture. I get some glue on the sides of the model, but I do not think it is big issue as boats would be wet from spray and waves. This was a very very well done model, I think, and I add just some wood for stability, and some card behind one gun tower so you can't see inside the structure.

This is my Micromodels fleet now. I fixed the Sub marine some but the front mast is still broke at the top, and the periscopes are bent and crooked. I am not wanting to make this a third time any more. Who ever make this set did not do well in making the ships in size with each other... You can see at least on the Sub how I make the water more 3D which I will do on the Cossack with more glue.