View Single Post

Old 05-17-2014, 09:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
A new air museum is opening in Atlanta this summer, in an old Delta Hangar at the site of the original airfield, which was called Candler Field. Here is the museum website Home. One ofthe aircraft that will be on display looks suspiciously like a Fairchild I am not sure what all will be in the collection, but they ought to have some materials on the old Terminal building. Let me know what it is particularly that you are looking for (like which year), and I'll make an expedition out there when it opens to see what I can find.

Googling this, I discovered there is a second museum out at the Atlanta Airport still in the pupal stage but open for business. This one is called the Natioanal Commercial Aviation Museum, and it seems to be more focused on the terminals and airports than on the planes. I did not know about this place, and may be able to make a trip out to see it soon. Air Museum - Aviation Museum - National Museum of Commercial Aviation Lived here 30 years, and am still discovering stuff every week. Cheers,