View Single Post

Old 06-04-2014, 06:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
It's been awhle since the last trip to Wyvern's Wild West, but here we are, back in the saddle again!

Today's offering was inspired by the series "Hell on Wheels", of which I am a fan. We have here two large tents, from Eric Holz' Whitewash City "Tent Set #1". One tent, a saloon, has a false front to make it look fancier (there are several scenes in HOW where similar false fronts are added onto tents, including the camp saloon in Season 1); the other tent is set up as a chophouse, with a sign added on with meal prices. Alternate signs are included in the kit so that the tent can also be an even-less-fancy saloon or beer hall, or even a flophouse.

The ground piece and accessory items are from Dave Graffam, using a "mud" texture with patchy grass. I cut some planks from another building to make boards laid on the mud to serve as semi-walkways. I have intentions of adding some additional trash (a mining camp or railroad construction camp was NOT a place for those inclined to cleanliness). And there's something else missing to really bring the scene to life...but for now, some pictures!

Wyvern
Attached Thumbnails
Wyvern's Wild West-tents1.jpg   Wyvern's Wild West-tents_overhead.jpg   Wyvern's Wild West-tents_ground_1.jpg   Wyvern's Wild West-tents_back.jpg  

Last edited by Wyvern; 06-04-2014 at 07:21 PM.