View Single Post

Old 06-16-2014, 04:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.71 GB
Sticky Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by peereboom2 View Post
Thanks everyone! @lisatnp: I use the silhouette cameo Silhouette America. It is one of the cheaper cutters out there I think, It should set you back about $300. Be prepared for the fact that you are going to have to shell out another 15 bucks very once in a while to get new sticky mats. It is a wonderful machine which helps me get to new levels of detail and complexity in my models. I am still learning how to use it properly, I am not a fan of the drawing software that accompanies the machine. I merely use it as an interface with the cutter. I do all my file editing using Inkscape, especially when you have your templates in pdf format it makes for real easy editing to prepare the template for cutting.
I have a Zing cutter, and sticky mats can be re-conditioned with repositionable spray adhesive. When one side gets too scratched up, rubber cement remover (benzene) clears off old adhesive, flip mat over, spray that side with repositionable spray adhesive, and it can be used again.