View Single Post

Old 07-02-2014, 04:10 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
Lincoln Cathedral

It has been almost 6 months since I posted a new thread. In January I began a model of the Escorial in Madrid. The middle of February, we received an invitation from the Dean of Lincoln Cathedral to attend a Lincoln Foundation luncheon in DC in April. I thought it would be fun to make my Rupert Cordeaux's model of Lincoln Cathedral, and take photos of the model to show. I stopped work on the Escorial and began Lincoln Cathedral, but I did not finish in time. In fact, I just finished it yesterday.

This is a very large model – measuring 20 x 29". It was printed on tan paper, and I used brown and tan colored pencils to highlight around the windows and doors. As are all of Rupert's models, it is very detailed and quite beautiful.

I had a slight problem with three parts (see photo). These parts are not shown on any of the detailed drawings nor their numbers match other parts. They must belong but I sure don't know where. If anyone has built this model, please let me know where they go – that includes you, Rupert :-).

Now I returning to the Escorial model, and its 433 tiny dormers. I do have a threat already on Escorial - have a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Lincoln Cathedral-dsc05623.jpg   Lincoln Cathedral-dsc05625.jpg   Lincoln Cathedral-dsc05627.jpg   Lincoln Cathedral-dsc05628.jpg   Lincoln Cathedral-dsc05629.jpg  

Lincoln Cathedral-dsc05630.jpg   Lincoln Cathedral-dsc05632.jpg   Lincoln Cathedral-dsc05634.jpg   Lincoln Cathedral-dsc05636.jpg