View Single Post

Old 07-05-2014, 03:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdaviesclay View Post
It has been almost 6 months since I posted a new thread. In January I began a model of the Escorial in Madrid. The middle of February, we received an invitation from the Dean of Lincoln Cathedral to attend a Lincoln Foundation luncheon in DC in April. I thought it would be fun to make my Rupert Cordeaux's model of Lincoln Cathedral, and take photos of the model to show. I stopped work on the Escorial and began Lincoln Cathedral, but I did not finish in time. In fact, I just finished it yesterday.

This is a very large model – measuring 20 x 29". It was printed on tan paper, and I used brown and tan colored pencils to highlight around the windows and doors. As are all of Rupert's models, it is very detailed and quite beautiful.

I had a slight problem with three parts (see photo). These parts are not shown on any of the detailed drawings nor their numbers match other parts. They must belong but I sure don't know where. If anyone has built this model, please let me know where they go – that includes you, Rupert :-).

Now I returning to the Escorial model, and its 433 tiny dormers. I do have a threat already on Escorial - have a look.
Right. The two bits on M are the backs of the west front, One on either side of the towers. The two small gables on the middle bit of card go at the back of the screen joining the chapterhouse. As for the flying buttress, I don't have a clue!

I am still waiting for the scans of this model and when I get them, I shall use the sheets as templates to redraw the parts in better detail and using much less card. The proportions of this model are fine though.