View Single Post

Old 07-22-2014, 07:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Exclamation A quick review of the kit

As stated before, this is a Modelik kit printed on A3 size paper. It is numbered Nr 7/06, so I guess it was published in 2006. The size of the pages is more common to Fly models, but due to the sheer size of the wings and fuselage parts, printing on large format is better.

Tupolev R-6 Modelik 1/33 scale-dscf1923.jpg

The instructions are on two A3 pages with some details. However, there is so much going on that I'm sure some things will not be apparent or need better views.

Tupolev R-6 Modelik 1/33 scale-dscf1925.jpgTupolev R-6 Modelik 1/33 scale-dscf1926.jpgTupolev R-6 Modelik 1/33 scale-dscf1932.jpg

The printed skin tries to represent a corrugated metal construction. It is probably as good as it gets in paper.

Errata
When I laid out the pages, I noted 3 sets of wings in loose extra pages inserted into the booklet. I thought it was just a mistake and I got extra pages.

Tupolev R-6 Modelik 1/33 scale-dscf1960.jpg

However upon closer inspection, I noted why.

Tupolev R-6 Modelik 1/33 scale-dscf1961.jpg

The original kit was printed with two left wings. So Modelik published an errata set for the Right wing parts. However, they screwed up again when upon closer inspection of the red stars you can see that they were rotated instead of pointing forward. So they printed another set of errata wings and that is why you get extra pages.

Tupolev R-6 Modelik 1/33 scale-dscf1962.jpgTupolev R-6 Modelik 1/33 scale-dscf1963.jpg

So if you have this kit, pay attention that you select the correct wing parts. The rest can be used for practice or scrap.

An observation.
The model is built more like a ship than an airplane. A long internal framing covered by external sheets. I'll bet that will be very difficult to keep straight and the skins match all around.

More to come.

Isaac