View Single Post

Old 08-05-2014, 11:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 71.45 MB
Hull Assembly

The upper impulse crystal area got the detail treatment also. I raised and recessed sections similar to the model. I glued the cutout piece to a second uncut piece to create the recessed areas and keep a flat bottom. I put a black Sharpie mark on the bottom piece at the front so the I wouldn't have to worry about lining up the little window sections. I made another domed impulse crystal and a raised ring just like the bottom one and glued it in place. This entire area is really tall on the model, so I glued it to two 1mm pieces of chipboard and trimmed it out. Because this is on top and very prominent, I wanted the sides to look better than just silver Sharpie. I cut strips of scrap hull and glued them around the edge. I glued another scrap piece of hull to the bottom because it sticks out over the rear. All in all, not too shabby!
Attached Thumbnails
U.S.S. Reliant - NCC-1864-d_1.jpg   U.S.S. Reliant - NCC-1864-d_2.jpg   U.S.S. Reliant - NCC-1864-d_3.jpg   U.S.S. Reliant - NCC-1864-d_4.jpg   U.S.S. Reliant - NCC-1864-d_5.jpg