Thread: Paddle Steamer
View Single Post

Old 10-25-2014, 10:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Thank you all again for your help looking for a ship. I had a feeling that somewhere I had a kit of a paddle steamer. Some years ago I built the Kit of the waterfront in Gdansk and at the time, bought a couple of ships.

I found the kit and when looking into the background of the ship, found it couldn't be further from what I wanted! This particular ship sailed the Danube between Linz and Passau and sadly was taken out of service in 1970.

Anyway, I had my fingers "ship shape" so "steamed ahead" with the kit ;-)

It looks quite an old kit from Schreiber, but was quite easy to put together and made a change from all the straight lines of buildings. There are only two change from the kit and they are the flags at each end and I opened up the "air intakes". I used the original masts but made new "ropes" from cotton and glue then bent them to give a better idea of movement to the flags.

Despite being the wrong ship, I enjoyed making it and it will sort of remind me of our holiday.

Cheers

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Paddle Steamer-img_1689.jpg   Paddle Steamer-img_1690.jpg   Paddle Steamer-img_1691.jpg   Paddle Steamer-img_1692.jpg