Thread: Germany
View Single Post

Old 12-16-2014, 11:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.94 MB
Germany

We've just got back from a shortish tour of Christmas markets.

The first model I bought was the Markt Kirche in Hannover, we were on our way out when my wife spotted a model sitting on top of a display case. It looks good and I like the graphics.

Find two was in Bremen. Down a narrow alley in the old town I found a small shop that only sold card kits. They had many of the well known "names" but many that were new to me. My best "find" was the Orary from Astro Media, I've been looking for it for ages. They had a big selection of automata I'd not seen before and a kit of one of the town's "landmarks" The Animal Orchestra (try google). I bought these and a Christmas mobile plus one of a series of 3D models - A rendition of Van Gogh's well known painting of his bedroom. If anyone is interested in the 3D series or the automata, I'll post more info after Christmas - my wife bought the kits as a Christmas present.

Here's a clip from You tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo56Zfd0xT0

Not my work!

.: Der Schnoor in Bremen:. Tourismus-Sehenswrdigkeiten -Schnoorportal - KUNSTHANWERK ATELIER GAG
Atelier GAG - Winkelen Bremen - Youropi.com Bremen

Many of you may remember Thomas' thread relating to Mainz Cathedral - I found reprints in the Cathedral shop last year.

Next, a few years ago I found a kit of Paderborn Cathedral in a bookshop opposite the Cathedral.

Finally, I have a kit of Wewelsburg castle - I found it in the castle shop, printed on A3. It's quite a basic kit on four sheets.

Unfortunately, they don't accept credit/debit cards. They wrote out a "slip" and my wife took it the shop opposite, they swiped her card and signed the slip. My wife gave the slip to the model people and collected the kits! Euro notes by post may work!!

Cheers
Mike