View Single Post

Old 12-30-2014, 10:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Exclamation An inspiration

I'm sure many of us aviation enthusiast have seen F-4 Phantoms. Some of us have seen them in flight, while others in museums. Since the Phantom served in many countries, variants can be seen all around and in many colors and schemes. I consider myself lucky in being close to some operational examples around the world.

In my office, I even have a framed poster of an Israeli Air Force flying over the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem.

F-4E;  Yoav Hozmi model-dscf3156.jpgF-4E;  Yoav Hozmi model-dscf3157.jpg

This model that Yoav designed is in Israeli Air Force colors and is typical of all the past and active duty Phantoms ( or as they are called in country, the Kurnas or sledge hammer ). However, there were some Phantoms in IAF colors that were initially received from the USAF inventory and served in their original SEA colors. Also, later on there were some grey examples ( primarily recon versions ).

The model was designed to be at 1/32 scale. However, it appears a bit larger. I will compare it next to my Hasegawa F-4E plastic model in 1/32 scale I built many years ago ( shown here ).

F-4E;  Yoav Hozmi model-dscf3152.jpgF-4E;  Yoav Hozmi model-dscf3153.jpg

Cheers

Isaac