View Single Post

Old 01-19-2015, 01:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hiawatha

Hello friends; here's mine

If you care to go to "Model Builds > Railway Related > 0 Gauge in Paper and a Build Thread" you'll see a little more on page 3, and on page 10 you'll find the reasons this model will probably remain unique. To repeat what was said over there, this is really a toy, made for running on very tight curves, so the chassis is vastly over-simplified, unlike the internal framing which is totally over the top! By comparison, the other pictures show the N Gauge version I designed, and serves to show what should be below the footplate - i.e. a lot!

It would take a lot of effort for me to redesign the files, and work up instruction sheets, as for reasons of health I'm preferring to concentrate on simpler designs How long would anyone wait for a re-worked model?

The last pic shows the Southern Railway's 'Merchant Navy' Pacific loco. I only got as far as designing the wheelsets, and a beginning on the motion. The machines designer, O.V.Bulleid, loathed the word 'streamlined' and preferred the term 'air smoothed'. Still an impressive looking piece of kit, though
Plumdragon
Attached Thumbnails
Hiawatha Streamlined Steam Engines-h-1.jpg   Hiawatha Streamlined Steam Engines-h-3.jpg   Hiawatha Streamlined Steam Engines-h-2.jpg   Hiawatha Streamlined Steam Engines-mn-1.jpg