View Single Post

Old 01-22-2015, 12:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 44.75 MB
John- the V model looks great in the virtual environment! I didn't realize it could look so realistic, thanks for sharing that.

Dave- your finished model looks really nice, I'm glad you liked the finished result. I can understand your issues with the instructions, foundation, etc., but I have an explanation.
1) the kit was originally pre printed and laser cut. It could be built in an evening. When I decided to upload it here, I didn't redo the instructions to account for a different way of building.
2) the tall stone foundation is included so the building can be "planted" in a sloping terrain like the original in Randsburg, CA. It can be shortened or left off for flat terrain.
3) there is no porch roof because I was being true to the actual building. Of course you can add or subtract anything you want to personalize it, or completely kitbash it like David Sakrison did.

I plan on releasing the rest of my original kits in PDF form later this year. I appreciate your honest feedback and I will take into account your issues with the instructions and revise them to suit.