View Single Post

Old 02-06-2015, 07:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.57 MB
I have purchased a scan n cut. $400.00 base model. As earlier stated the only difference is added on patterns for quilting and scrap booking for the more expensive machines..
My first couple of cuts were disappointing. Then I sort of got the hang of how it worked and all I can say the mind boggles. The results are not super fine cuts like you would get from a laser. But they are quite good. As for how thick a material you can cut, I have run 20lb to light cardboard and they are cut with no hassle. The software for the machine from brother is wild. I haven't had the time to learn it well, but from what I have seen it looks cool. It's free by the way. Learning how to use the machine is a journey to you tube. Check it out.
And for those of you that think this is going to replace your knife, forget it. This is a fantastic tool that will help you achieve a model in less time, with more consistent cuts and better quality than you would expect. Granted at the price charged, it costs a lot. So far it was worth it.