View Single Post

Old 03-14-2015, 10:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 6.40 MB
Transparency film. There actually is an affordable place to purchase it from and that is Walmart. They often have closeout deals on it. For instance when I looked today they had laser transparency film 50 sheets for just under $11.00 with free shipping if you arrange to pick it up at the store.

If you are going to get the inkjet version I would spend the extra money for the quick drying version. There is no cost savings if you smudge the parts.

I like the laser printer version for creating miniature clear leaded windows on buildings as it leaves a raised surface where it prints. I always put that side facing out.

But one thing to note, it is not the easiest stuff to glue, I have done some glue test on it. The super glues that say they are OK for plastic work and Crafter's Pick "The Ultimate" works. What does not stick is Elmer's, Tacky glue and some of the other PVA glues.

If you are heading to Walmart and have never tried it go to the crafts section and grab a bottle of "The Ultimate" glue It is pretty handy stuff to have around the house. It can be used as a contact cement. It has the right amount of open time for my personal paper modeling preference. True of any water based glue it works best if at least one surface is porous.