View Single Post

Old 03-14-2015, 08:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.40 MB
I would certainly hope that I would never suggest techniques that create the appearance of being overdone and grotesque. That being said the results are dependent on the skill of the modeler which I have no control over. My thumb is shown in the photo for a scale reference as to how finely detailed the 3D wood grain can be achieved on a small scale card model. The paper is coated, the underlying core paper is darker than the surface coating. You scratch through the coating to reveal the look of old, aged timber. I dragged my knife tip to scratch through the surface on this sample. The faux wood on this project is coated brown card overlayed onto a structure of ivory colored card. You can see that at the doorway where I had not yet colored the edge of the ivory paper to match the brown of the wood. Forgive the glitter, this was going to be used in a Tudor Christmas Village display of paper models at a miniature show, it is an in progress image. The building is my own design and it is available as a pre-cut kit.

Last edited by kcorbin; 03-14-2015 at 09:20 PM.