View Single Post

Old 06-07-2009, 09:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
#5 - OTDAEABT 2-Maly Modelarz "Mustang"

We had a telephone/power pole knocked down Friday night here, leaving us with no power, phone, internet or even water (pump for the well=electric) all day yesterday, so I decided to grab some of the down time for some modeling. I was going to finally get started on the Marek Claude, but I decided I needed something easier to relax with.
This is MM "Mustang" (no numerical ID in the title) from 1979;
#5 - OTDAEABT 2-Maly Modelarz "Mustang"-img_2157.jpg
My scanning and printing went haywire and the colors came out all wrong, but I'm forging ahead anyway!:o This is my first P-51 and I hope it's not the entirely wrong choice to start with!
#5 - OTDAEABT 2-Maly Modelarz "Mustang"-img_2156.jpg
The bulkhead formers are almost all undersized, with two exceptions; one fits perfectly and one is too large. Adjustments made, the fuselage came more or less together;
#5 - OTDAEABT 2-Maly Modelarz "Mustang"-img_2158.jpg
This kit has no interior and opaque paper "glass", but I can't help myself and I'm going to do a clear canopy, so I quickly scribbled some marking on the otherwise white cockpit area;
#5 - OTDAEABT 2-Maly Modelarz "Mustang"-img_2159.jpg
The tail went together quite well and came out evenly;
#5 - OTDAEABT 2-Maly Modelarz "Mustang"-img_2161.jpg
I should point out that the wings use a tab and slot technique that kinda works;
#5 - OTDAEABT 2-Maly Modelarz "Mustang"-img_2162.jpg
The wings went on very easily. When these simpler kits actually fit, they can be a real joy;
#5 - OTDAEABT 2-Maly Modelarz "Mustang"-img_2163.jpg
And much of this kit fits well. An area I usually have difficulty with, the center fuselage bottom where the wing sections meet, fit like a glove!
#5 - OTDAEABT 2-Maly Modelarz "Mustang"-img_2165.jpg
But now that the power's back on, its back to work. Hopefully more on this tonight!
Chris

Last edited by dansls1; 07-02-2009 at 08:02 AM.